Top Places to Visit in Newcastle this Summer
Want to know the top places to visit in Newcastle this summer? We're lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing places that are perfect to enjoy on warm summer days. The beautiful Lake Macquarie has an abundance of swimming, boating and fishing spots and Newcastle has beaches galore!
This list will come in handy whenever you need to find a spot to cool off on a hot day or to make the most of a clear, sunny day. And all are just a short drive from the Apollo International in Charlestown!
And just to sweeten the deal even more, all of these amazing spots are completely free of charge to enjoy.
Our top Places To Visit in Newcastle this Summer are:
- Bogey Hole- Situated close to the Newcastle CBD, this convict-built swimming hole is a favourite spot for locals and visitors alike.
- Grannies Pool- Close to Blacksmith's beach and Swansea, Lake Macquarie, this shallow tidal pool is especially great for kids to splash about safely.
- Glenrock- Finish off an invigorating walk through the bush with a cool dip at Glenrock lagoon or plunge into the waves at Burwood beach.
- Belmont Baths- These newly built baths are a great way to enjoy the cool water of Lake Macquarie, conveniently located right in the centre of Belmont.
- Merewether Baths- A favourite swimming and leisure spot for locals. Open all year round, it's a great way to enjoy the ocean without battling the surf.
- Naru Sands- A hidden spot with crystal-clear water and amazing views of Lake Macquarie. It’s a popular spot for families who appreciate the stunning views and kid-friendly swimming areas.
- Pelican Foreshore- There's a great park with a playground and BBQ facilities plus a beautiful shallow swimming area just nearby at little Pelican.
- Caves Beach- The perfect place to explore the seaside caves, swim in the water and enjoy a picnic.
We hope you enjoy getting out to these top places to visit in Newcastle this summer!