Top 10 things to do Within 10km of Charlestown
What are the top things to do near Charlestown?
If you're staying in the area for a little while and don't want to travel far then this list is for you!
These are the top 10 things to do within 10km of Charlestown to help you keep busy and have some fun without having to go too far from the hotel.
1.Redhead beach- a great surf beach that is popular with board riders and body surfers. Even in the winter it's a stunning beach to walk along and take some great photos of the iconic shark tower and redhead bluff.
2.Walk/Ride the Fernleigh Track- check on the historic Fernleigh tunnel and enjoy the bushland surrounding the track.
3. Glenrock walk- head to the Yeurlabah track and follow the trail down to the beautiful Glenrock lagoon and Burwood beach.
4. Speers point park- A great park for kids with all it's playground equipment and bike/scooter/skate paths. There's a great cafe right next to the playground so that parents are well catered for too.
5. Charlestown Square- more than just a shopping mall, it's an entertainment precinct! Find restaurants, cafes, a cinema, bowling, mini golf, playgrounds and more at the region's largest shopping centre. It's only a 10 minute walk from the Apollo International.
6. Dullboys Warners Bay- an entertainment venue for the whole family to enjoy including a bar, restaurant, arcade games and bowling.
7. Merewether Baths- 2 huge ocean pools built into the shore at Merewether Beach. It's spectacular swimming and sightseeing any time of the year and it's right next to cafes, bars and fine dining.
8. Hunter Ice skating stadium at Warners Bay- Fun for everyone, just a short drive from Charlestown.
10. Blackbutt reserve- check out the natural bushland reserve complete with wildlife exhibitions including koalas, emus and wombats.
With so many options, you will never get bored!